- Software: PRD 3.8 (download here)
- Knowledge: Intermediate (To follow this tutorial you should have good knowledge of the software and hence not every single step will be described)
- Tutorial files can be downloaded here
As you can see, the data set consists of impressions and click thru rate (CTR) broken down by option. In our chart, we want to display the impressions as bars and the CTR as a line. The only complexity that we have here is that CTR should be shown as a percentage whereas the impressions as standard integer values. So how does this work?
- In the Primary DataSource settings we only define [impressions] in the value-columns
- The format can be defined with the y-tick-fmt-str
- We define [CTR] for the value-columns
- Now we would expect something like y2-tick-fmt-str, but this one strangely enough doesn't exist. Instead, the format for the line has to be set in line-tick-fmt:
Provide all the other necessary details in the settings dialog and then the chart should be displayed perfectly.